Microsoft has released Office 2013 SP1, which improves security, performance and stability of all programs present in the suite. It’s cumulative update which means that it also contains all the patches which went out since the release of Microsoft Ofice 2013.
What’s improvements for Office 2013 with this SP1?
- Compatibility improvement with Windows 8.1.
- Compatibility improvement with Internet Explorer 11.
- Compatibility improvement with modern hardware.
- Provides new apps for Office capabilities and APIs for third-party developers.
- Provides support for task pane apps in Outlook 2013.
- Provides ability to insert and use content apps in PowerPoint 2013 slides.
There are both versions of SP1 available. x86 and x64. SP1 is also available for Microsoft Project 2013, Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013. SP1 can be installed on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
The SP1 can usually be pushed through Windows update, but for standalone systems isolated from Internet you’ll have to do manual updates.
Here are the Download links: